A Visa with Serious Benefits
For those with an eye on a longer-term stay in Chiang Mai, the Self-Defense ED Visa provides legal backing for your permission to live in Thailand. While some of the following privileges are possible with a Tourist Visa, most are not. Once you have an ED Visa, you are granted the option to:
- Open a bank account
- Purchase and sell vehicles
- Receive discounts to Government parks and attractions
- Open a trading account with a broker
- Get a Thai driving license
- Get a mobile phone contract easier
- Get Thai rather than Farang prices
Annual Tuition Fee Includes:
- All application, reporting and extension paperwork
- Self-defense instruction
- 90-day report queue service
- Visa renewal photos
- Transportation to immigration office
- Ammunition for firearms instruction
90-Day Reporting Has Never Been Easier
The school combines the mandatory quarterly visa extensions and reporting into one convenient process. On the appointed day, a representative from the school waits in the Immigration office queue on your behalf. Once your appointment time is known, you are driven to the office for a 15 to 30-minute appointment that ensures minimal interruption to your day.
With the Self-Defense Visa, you are free from the usual quarterly hassle of waiting 5 hours at Immigration to renew your visa. Furthermore, unlike the 6-month education visa, there is no need to spend hours studying every week to ensure you pass the new Immigration spot exams. Plus you get to fire guns (if you want).
Flexibility for Travel
Planning on exploring beautiful southeast Asia during your stay? For an additional 3800 BHT, Guroo Asia can attach a multiple re-entry permit to this visa that grants the holder UNLIMITED return travel privileges to Thailand for the entire term of the visa (or remaining period if activated after your Self-Defense Visa is already in place).
- Classes scheduled every Saturday and Sunday from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Flexibility for attendance if you need to travel, etc.